Monday, March 19, 2007

Six o'clock quiet time

Previous post from my other blog:

For some reason when Pat got up this morning, I couldn't go back to sleep. Usually this isn't a big deal for me. I snuggle down into the now-warm bed, surrounded by the scents of sleep and boy, and drift off while I listen to him getting ready for work.

I'm usually in a rush when I get up. I like to sleep in until the last possible second. I guess it's not really sleeping though. I lay there and listen for my alarm clock, concentrating on watching the minutes so that it won't startle me when it goes off. It usually doesn't work and I am startled anyway. But this morning was different. I didn't feel the need to snuggle back into bed. I was ready for the day.

I got out of bed and walked upstairs, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and thinking about making a cup of coffee in my brand new coffee maker.

I was greeted with:

Pat: "Go back to bed. You don't need to be up for another hour."

Me: "Nope, I think I'm done sleeping for the day."

Pat: "But you don't need to be up yet, you could go back to bed."

Me: "I don't want to go back to bed. I'm going to make myself some coffee and take my book out onto the deck."

Pat: "So does that mean that you aren't going to go back to bed?"

He's not at his brightest in the morning. I walked up to him and, stretching onto my toes, gave him a kiss and told him he was cute.

The rest of the morning was very productive. After helping Pat make his lunch, seeing him off to work, and putting my coffee on, I emptied the dishwasher, put away some other random kitchen stuff, made my lunch, took a shower, made the bed and got dressed. Then I spent about a half an hour out on the deck with a cup of coffee and a book.
I thought I would be tired all day, but it's the exact opposite. I have more energy today than I have had in a long time.

I think I'll have to have six o'clock quiet time more often.

No comments: