Monday, March 19, 2007

Effervescence

Another Previous Post:

There is a feeling in the pit of my stomach today. It's the perfect blend of the champaign bubbles of excitment, and the warm vanilla of contentment.

I got engaged last night.

I can hardly believe it. It feels as thought I am in the middle of my favorite dream, and I never want to wake up.

Everyone has been asking me if he did it in an amazingly romantic way, and I tell them no. The way he did it was perfect. He's not an extremely romantic person in the first place, and he doesn't put a lot of weight on words. Actions mean more to him than anything.

I keep looking at my finger. Just staring, lost in the light and sparkle of the diamonds that now reside there. The ring is beautiful, more than I ever would have expected, but that's not why I stare. I am caught up in thoughts of what this means for my future.....our future. I would have stared with as much rapture had he tied a piece of string to my finger.

I've had to marvel though, at how the delicate beauty of the ring is infused with such strength. I have a solid band of metal and stone that binds myself to another, nearly unbreakable, yet beautiful in it's strength. I think that is where the warm vanilla feeling comes from. That inpenitrable loop that indicates both desire and commitment.

I know that the giddy excitment of champaign bubbles comes from being a girl. I get to plan a wedding! I get to be the beautiful bride! Yea me! I get to play with my hair and pick out flowers! I get to become stressed out, and over-tired! I simply cannot restrain myself from indulging in this giddy pleasure.

I know that there will be times when we wonder what made us get together, and times that we want to run away, but I hope that this heady excitement follows me throughout our life together, that we can always come back to this bubbling joy.

This effervescence.

No comments: