Monday, March 26, 2007

BACHELORETTE PARTY!

I have some of the very best friends in the entire WORLD! This weekend, my best friend and maid of honor, Kelli, threw me a bachelorette party.


The party had been in the works for a couple of weeks, and I absolutely could not wait. We decided to have it in Grand Rapids because there are more bars there, and they are all within walking distance of each other. So I told everyone from my area to meet me at my house at 3:00pm on Saturday. Once everyone FINALLY got there (*cough* Natalie! *cough*) we headed out.


Pulling up to Kelli's townhouse, my friend Amy said "ooohh! I bet I can guess which house is hers!" I had no clue what she was talking about. I like to think this is because I was so focused on my driving skills that I couldn't possibly look up from parking my car....right.

Once I looked up, I saw that there was a banner over the door of her townhouse that said "Bachelorette Party" with balloons attached, sidewalk chalk covering the walkway declaring that we were, in fact, entering the correct place, and that there was going to be a HUGE party, and Kelli, standing in the doorway, camera in hand, grinning like a fool.


Kelli and her roommates had spent HOURS putting the house together, and it looked AMAZING! There were banners all over the place, tablecloths, mardi gras beads, a specially decorated Beer Pong table just for me, and FOOD! LOTS AND LOTS OF FOOD!


After dragging all of our stuff inside (you would have thought that we were staying for a month, but really, it was just overnight) Kelli busted out the T-shirts that we had made, and brings out a garter (for outside the pants!), a sash, and a sparkly tiara for me to wear. I felt like a princess!


Then came the jello shots....dun-dun-dun. Strawberry on Strawberry and Fuzzy Navels! YUMMY! These were followed by a few rowdy games of Beer Pong (Natalie and Jamie are the BEST Beer Pong Cheerleaders EVER! They didn't play favorites, they just cheered for whomever was loosing!) There was cheering, dancing, singing, bawdy jokes and lots of giggling. It was SO much fun! And that was just the beginning!


We went out to the bar afterwards, but I will tell you about that tomorrow :)

No comments: